RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Karl-W. Geitz" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 Jul 1998 21:15:50 +0200
Hi Kirt,

> Like you, I was pretty cavalier about trusting my senses to protect me from
> everything, but, even though I am still quite healthy (though hardly
> insticto) I gotta wonder if I just lucked out all those years of eating raw
> pig, rotting beach pelican, oysters from third world tidal cesspools, etc.
> and just a little bit of ORKOS beef.

In fact I am rather careful with what I eat. Until now I eat
only meat from ORKOS, because I know that that is clean. Their
animals are never fed with cooked food or medicine. And the
meat is probed for trichinoses, it complies with the EU requirements.
And I don't eat much meat, about once a month or less, but then
a lot in one meal.

And we try to avoid vegetables that were fertilized with
animal excrements, because these can contain eggs of worms.

> And BTW, if someone is eating cooked meat, sesoned or otherwise, they
> hardly have to worry about microorganisms, do they?

Not really, every now an then there are news about bad
food poisonings. Very often not completely frozen meat
was the reason, or old eggs or similar stuff.

Karl