From:
Mary Wolden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Jan 1999 18:11:54 -0600
Since IRQ 12 is not being used,  I assume you have a serial mouse on com 2.
Neither the serial mouse or your modem can share irq's with other devices.
Since com 1 and 3 share an IRQ and com 2 and com4 share irq's I would
suggest adding an additonal serial port to your computer.  You would need
either an isa or pci slot to insert an additional serial port card.  You
have 2 open irq's, 9 & 12, just make sure any serial port card you add can
be configured to use either IRQ that you have open.  Then install your
docking cradle to the new serial port you have added.  As I remeber when I
installed CE 2.0 I was able to select the serial port that I had installed
the docking cradle to.

Mary Wolden

From: Doug Collins

>I was not using my COM1 port until just recently when I acquired a H/PC
with a
>docking cradle, which comes with a desk top sync program. (CE2 operating
system)
>I found that my COM1 was disabled in my BIOS / PERIPHERALS setup, so I
enabled
>it, and immediately started to get conflicts with my modem on COM3. I have
tried
>to work around it, without success. I first started this process under W95,
and
>then upgraded to W98. Same problem with both platforms.
>
>Here are my vital statistics;
>

>COM3       MODEM
>Can set to COM3 or COM 4
>IRQ 3, 4, 5, or 7