From:
"David A. Abbe" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Nov 1998 11:32:44 -0600
Hello People,
I hope everyone is haveing a great weekend!

1.   I saw a hard drive for sale, awhile ago, which said "It boots to c
prompt and is autodetected but I cannot format the drive."  etc.

Is this a simple possible fix or symptoms of a more serious nature?  I
mean, If I could pick up this 2.1 gig drive for, say, 10 dollars or so
what could I expect ?  To throw it away?  Sorry so vague, just looking
for suggestions as to what this might be.

2.  and another hard drive which spins up, autodetects, but then gives a
"Write Protect Error"  I believe it was a WD 3.2

3.  Last question, Has anyone bought a used hard drive and tried to send
it in under warranty?  I mean, do the biggies (WD, Seagate, Maxtor, etc)
honor warranties from others than the original purchaser?

I need to quit looking at these online auctions.  ha ha

Thank you very much for any comments.  I know I should just buy new ones
and so forth but sometimes it's nice to pick an extra drive up just for
kicks.

David A. Abbe
or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]

             to be posted to: [log in to unmask]