NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathryn M Przywara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Dec 1998 20:36:30 -0800
My duaghter and I just returned from a cross country plane trip.  In one
of our meals, we got chocolate chip cookies that are dairy and egg free!
They are from Now & Zen (same as the Hip Whip people).  Here are the
ingred:

Organic whole wheat pastry flour, grape juice concentrate, brown rice
syrup, non-dairy chocoalte chips (malted barley and corn, chocolate
liqour, cocoa butter, lecithin, vanilla), unsweetened applesauce,
expeller pressed canola oil, cinamon, baking soda, salt.

Kind of a cakey consistancy and a sharp cinnamon taste.  Not bad, but not
really a gooey chocolate chip cookie I was looking for either.  Since
they have corn, it's not really of any use for my daughter.  For myself,
I'll make my own with non-dairy chips and real eggs since I tolerate that
much egg.

Thought someone might be interested though,
Kathy P.

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]