BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Bob Adams <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - Dwell time 5 minutes.
Date:
Tue, 23 Mar 1999 17:31:46 EST
][<en

Re "how to spell it":
The first definition of "literate" is educated....the second is able to read
and write.
I'm much more interested in the former than the latter, particularly with
regard to EIFS.  Note that all of the NBC examples were residences.  Probably
no architect.  Probably no contact with a manufacturer's rep, probably no
check of details, no catalog, no training session......no education.  The
result is disaster.

EIFS has popularity not unlike single membrane roofing and vinyl siding, all
of which now have a zillion getrichquick manufacturers.  Don't use the
cheapest one (many builders do) and think of it like your first drink of
scotch....go slow, and be appropriate with it.

Regarding the sealant replacement question--good issue!  I'd try to match the
sealant life to the substrate life if possible.  Replacement of the EIFS
surface is cheap when spread over 10 years or so.  By the way, my 20 year life
EIFS was weeped.....as they all should be.  You wouldn't fail to weep a brick
wall, why try it on a flimsy foam wall?

Didn't mean offense regarding the spelling.....thanks for your good work.

RPA