BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Leland Torrence <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - Dwell time 5 minutes.
Date:
Sat, 6 Mar 1999 08:46:28 -0500
][<en,

This reminds me of the reconstructions of historic sites in Greece 20 years
ago.  In particular the columns at Delphi, where the reconstructivists were
very careful to color code all reproduced areas and leave the original
material white.  The irony:  the result was a military camouflage look that
was, to one eye, closer to the polychromy of the original than the pure
white column sans coatings.
Best,
Leland