BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ken Follett <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - Dwell time 5 minutes.
Date:
Thu, 4 Mar 1999 14:59:12 EST
Discount Boxes & HP

We have complained over K-Mart, Walmart & Caldors... is there any redemption
in Target paying for the scaffolding for the Washington Monument? Is it
possible for a discount chain to trade in HP credits whereby they can cut an
ancient oak down in one of a thousand towns and then plant a thousand saplings
in one other? I do not see there being a similarity to the destruction of an
ecosystem that is unique to one area, as we have more-or-less admitted we are
surrounded by a plenitude of the past wherever we choose to look. It is not
exactly like we are going to run out of old stuff, as much as we need worry
about trends in the decrease in biodiversity.

Why is it that, separate from Main Street Revitalization, in so many small
towns the more interesting residential buildings seem to have been tastefully
adapted for re-use by lawyers? Why is it that the small strip malls, four to
five shops stuffed in a pink exposed aggregate abortion with a parking lot
larger than the mall, are blamed on bored doctors?

][<en