BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Stals-R Us <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - His DNA is this long.
Date:
Wed, 8 Jul 1998 10:17:26 EDT
regarding Ken's experiences with churches:

I have had very similar experiences......

The building committees are part of the problems I have encountered.
Everybody's a retired painter, or hardware clerk,
and they all think I'm trying to screw them or something.....
or they spend a lot of time hanging around telling me all the things
I'm doing "wrong"...

The only bad check I ever got was from a church.....
and many of the churches I have worked for pretty much demanded
a discount, since they considered it "charity work" or something.....

One minister also admitted that there was no money from the start,
but when I asked him how he had planned to pay, he said
"the Lord will provide, you must have patience sister."

THe only congregations to pay me faithfully, regularly, and ON TIME
have been the Buckeye Baptist Builders, who are contractors themselves...
they travel around and build for the Baptists --
and  any congregation of the Jehovah's Witnesses I have dealt with.

Deb Bledsoe