RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Wed, 4 Dec 1996 00:40:25 -0700
From:
Nieft / Secola <[log in to unmask]>
>>You just lost all credibility with us on this statement.  You proved
>>our point to a tee that instincto-eating is recreational
>>experimentation with unnatural substances for the human organism.

>And you have just lost all credibility with me.  You need to lighten up
>and learn to treat people who hold different views than yourself with
>respect & courtesy.  Kirt has taken your personal attacks very
>gracefully and has given you no cause for you to treat him with such
>disdain.

Huh? I didn't feel very graceful... (I mean, thanks:))

>>So, you've been eating bread, pasta, and cooked vegetables longer than
>>we've been alive.  So what?

>Shoot, I get no points for not eating meat in all these years? :-(

Points, points, who's got the points? Say, Peter, I am currently a
substitute teacher, and have access to a variety of grade books, so...here
you go: here's 5, no, make it 10 points. This will bring your average for
the semester _way_ up there. :)

>The list is for dialogue
>not monologue and if you cannot appreciate this list is not for you.

>As moderator I have to insist that you fully identify yourselves in
>each signature. I need to know exactly who is writting your posts, and
>only one name will be accepted for each post. Thank you!

Though Melisa is starting to suspect otherwise, I _can_ ignore these guys.
Bump them if they are against the "charter" (that's your job I guess), but
don't on my account. The more they post, the more people can see what they
are all about (or not!). People are posting more, coming out of the
woodwork a little bit. Whatever their etiquette shortcomings, one must
admit that the stew has been stirred. Anything that gets Ombodhi's heart
pitter-pattering can't be all bad :) Further, I'd bet they speak for a
segment of veg-rawers. I'm especially curious if Rene and Ric are squirming
at all, or if they support such rhetoric (and the dropping of their names
in such a manner). I miss their POV.

Besides, NFL may consider it a feather in their cap (they're just _too_
straight-up and hard-hitting for the fools in veg-raw, etc. etc.) or
perhaps even some martyr-type stuff.

On the other hand, anyone who refuses to sign a post belongs on the
alt.knob newsgroup, not here. Go figgur, eh?

Cheers,
Kirt