RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Tue, 16 Nov 1999 21:41:49 -0500
From:
Lucia Ruedenberg Wright <[log in to unmask]>
 thank you to everyone for the many responses to my theyroid
questions. I
 am grateful for the input and information you have shared!

 On Fri, 12 Nov 1999, Paul Reynolds wrote:

 > How was the diagnosis made?

 I had blood work done and took my morning urine temperature for a
month.

 the T4 T3 and TSH levels appear normal. my temperature is a bit low
 but not abnormal. they are basing the diagnosis on anti-thyroid
antibodies
 in the blood, hair loss, tiredness, depression, depleted growth
hormone
 level, viral load and toxic load.

 a hair analysis showed how a high toxic load, especially lead, which
 really surprised me. the only thing I can figure is the old water
pipes in
 this building. We got a filter about 2 years ago. I am beginning some
IVs
 and chelation for this.  I understand that the stress of such a toxic
load
 on the body can overwork the thyroid. I believe Hashimoto disease
develops
 from prolonged stress, overworked thyroid, which throws the system
off and
 yjen creates antibodies against the thyroid. I'm stll working on
 understanding this better and not sure I got it right.

 I don't have any recent diet changes. radical changes occured 2 1/2
 years ago so I don't think my thyroid is undergoing an adjustment
period.

 I will ask my doctor why she doesn't prescribe Armour. I read
sythroid is
 associated with bone loss.

 it's good to know that several of you have taken medication for a
 temporary period only.  I am hoping this will be so in my case too.

 > Synthroid is not usually an optimal treatment for thyroid
 problems. It does
 > not supply T3, which is 8 - 10 times more active than T4.

 the tests show that I am producing T3. it's the T4 that's a problem.
maybe
 that's why they prescribe synthroid instead of Armour? I have a brief
 meeting tomorrow with my doctor to clarify all these things.

 > protein) and intestinal/liver/kidney/gallbladder detox to get rid
of the
 > garbage that causes autoimmunity. Diet alone and mercury
 removal resolved my
 > thyroid problems

 I had my mercury fillings removed a year ago but still show traces of
it
 in my blood. I may have picked up more in my recent seafood diet
while in
 South America.

 > Are you doing any kind of detoxification regimen? That could
 cause temporary
 > fluctuations in thyroid output but may long-term lead to healing
without
 > medication. Detoxes or dramatic diet changes can also make
 medical treatment
 > more risky - if your body starts converting T4 properly you can
 get a high
 > T3 level which is hazardous. So if you feel like you are on a
long-term
 > healing path, then you can consider the the thyroid condition
 just probably
 > healing itself naturally and the Hashimoto problem just a temporary
 > manifestation of the healing process.

 my gut feeling is that this is a life long problem that was never
 diagnosed properly, aggravated by emotional and physical stress
throughout
 my life. I started a detox and diet change about 2 years ago and then
 another detox regimen about 9 months ago. This doctor wants me to
start
 another now. My energy and general state of health has improved
 tremendously as a result of all this. The complaint I went in for is
 infertility. I had had thyroid tests done before to determine if that
is
 the problem and TSH tests come out ok so I was told everything is ok.
so
 I'm actually hoping that this doctor has found an impbalance that can
 explains the problem. I'm just leary of jumping into taking synthetic
 drugs.

 thanks to everyone for your wonderful feedback and information!
 I am checking out the webpages.
 Lucia