RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Date:
Sat, 27 Mar 1999 19:58:52 -0800
>Tom:
>>The characteristics of a healing diet: inadequate calories, simple,
>>easy to digest,

>axel:
>i do not agree with the above. what is the connection between a healing
>diet and restricted calories? are you saying that a raw vegan diet that is
>sufficient in calories for that person is by definition not healing? how

Tom:
The point here is the difference between fasting and eating, catabolic and
anabolic.  I did mention that if one is underweight, a healing diet needs
adequate calories.

Healing diets for most (but not the underweight) are typically elimination
diets, and reduced in calories so the body begins to "clean out"
(figurative language); that usually involves weight loss.

Axel:
>so? suppose you are raw vegan for a certain period of time. suppose you eat
>sweet fruit, avocadoes, green juices, sprouts. you can of course have
>plenty of calories on such a diet.

Tom:
When the web site "Beyond Vegetarianism" opens in full, look for an article
on calorie requirements. I'm not going to even try to repeat the info
there in a post. Those interested will simply have to wait and read the
article after the site opens.

PS Axel, if I correctly recall some of your posts, you have had difficulties
with being underweight? If so, can't you see the implication therein,
re: insufficient calorie intake on your part?

Tom Billings
http://www.beyondveg.com