RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Paul Reynolds <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Mar 1999 18:41:44 -0500
Lynton:
>I was going to ask what blood group you belong to Paul, but having checked
>broccoli, celery and green beans I find that these are not avoids for any
>ABO type.  (There could, of course, be some in reference to other typing,
>such as MN, but I have no information about this).

Paul:
I'm a type O. I don't recall the blood-type food categories, but I know some
foods that I don't think fit my type I do fine with raw (sprouted
wheatberries). Tropical fruits - or any fruit for that matter except perhaps
tomatoes - seem OK in moderation; fruit used to cause problems when I had
the yeast overgrowth. Tofu is heresy for raw eaters as well as type-O's
(right?), but I find it agreeable (although not as a staple).

Lynton:
>How do you react with olive oil?

Paul:
I've no reactions to extra-virgin olive oil, or to any other cold-pressed
oils.

Lynton:
>There is also the possibility of pesticide toxicity.
>One of the uses of proteins is for attaching to the toxic matter to enable
>the body to excrete it - Glutamine I think is involved.  So fasting or
>reducing protein could compromise someone who has heavy metal or pesticide
/
>other toxicity.

Paul:
This could be, and the lack of protein then could explain why when I
finished the raw-vegan 'detox' I felt more drained and weakened as opposed
to stronger and refreshed despite spending much of my time resting (although
I did eliminate some unhealthy material from the intestines). I don't think
I have any great sensetivity to pesticides - I don't notice any problems
eating salads in restaurants or eating some non-organic fruit from the
supermarket. As I said though, I do notice problems from non-organic meat.

Lynton:
>Do you know of a detox professional - I understand chelation therapy is
good
>for this, and its said to be quite safe.

Paul:
There are a few around here, but my impression from others results (I was
checking out the Amalgam list for awhile) is that the cost/benefit/risk is
not greatly in my favor. I would also have to get back into supplements
heavily to replace the minerals lost and I don't want to do that. I feel
comfortable continuing to do what I'm doing more or less. For detox, I can't
imagine any medical intervention more effective than Cassia <g>.

Thanks and Take Care, Paul