RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Rex Harrill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Mar 1999 21:51:08 -0500
Jo Yoshida weighed in to help with my question about the technical worth of
"Raw Eating":

> I think the draw of the book lies in the undeniable passion of its
> author, and to western readers, the fact that the principles of a raw
> dietary was shared intimately by someone from another culture outside
> California/Texas/Florida/Hawai'i (sorry about that, Chief).
>
> I've never read Nature's First Law but the comparison of excerpts
> that I've seen  clearly indicated that many passages were simply
> lifted from Raw Eating.

Don't know who "Chief" is, but your observations seem exactly right.  Sombody
is guilty of shameless copying far beyond what might be excused as egoistic
attempts to get top billing on the marquee.

> More critically, I'd like to correspond with Mr. Hovessianan's
> surviving daughter. Or invite her to join the list...

Jo, this would really be a treat.  I would surely like to know where
Hovessianan got his ideas and she might be a great source of info.  Further,
she might be able to explain why the NFL person, who is supposedly
Hovessianan's nephew, didn't simply claim literary rights to the original.
Assuming he was not challenged by other descendents, or an outsider who had
been assigned the rights, I wonder if he could have got away with it.  Of
course, none of this thought has diddly to do with Wolfe and Arlin, who are
not related.

Thanks,
Rex Harrill