RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Lynton Blair <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Mar 1999 04:05:47 GMT
>> > What
>> > they fail to tell you is that almost every cow is treated with
>> > antibiotics,

Where do you get this information?

>> > You either get the pus in your milk
>> > (which you do up to a certain level in most cases anyway) or you
>> > get both the pus and the antibiotics used to "cure" the problem.
>> > This also applies to cows which are raised "biologically" and
>> > "organically" because it is a legal requirement.
>>
>> That is not the case here in the U.S. Here, a dairy farmer can choose to
>> avoid antibiotics completely, and can sell his milk to consumers who don't
>> want antibiotics in their milk.
>>
>So you are saying that, due to a lack of a law, dairy farmers can
>also sell milk containing pus? Bon appetit (either way).

Milk with pus would be rejected by the milk authority.
Organic farmers seperate their ill animals from the herd until they are well
again.

>> Paleo people had manners, too.

What kind of manners, though?  (And how do you know?)

>Humans get their calories from carbohydrate foods in the first
>instance (i.e. foods containing simple sugars). Meat (i.e. the
>saturated fat in meat) is neither healthy for the human system
>and nor is it a good source of energy.

If this paragraph sums up your "knowledge" of human nutrition, then you
obviously know little about where humans can get their calories from, let
alone what is healthy for humans to eat.

>You obviously have no experience here whatsoever..or were fasting with
>other juices instead of simple water. Fasting does not make you
>hungry (your presumption) for anything..if done properly it makes
>you hungry for nothing. IOW, you wonder after a couple of weeks
>why you ever ate at all. What it does do (if you do it properly)
>is sharpen your senses to accept and enjoy tastes you have never
>tasted before..or rejected before. This thus aids in converting
>to raw. If somebody decides after a fast to eat the way they
>did before then that is their own personal decision. The fast will
>have at least resulted in a detox..which is always beneficial.
>As to malnourished people...a two week fast will certainly help
>them to detox their eating mistakes and is thus still healthier
>than continuing to eat as before.

I must protest the perpretation of this ignorance.  It is relatively easy to
adjust one's diet in a healthy direction.  (Notice I said healthy: this does
NOT necessarily imply RAW !).

>If you wish to put it that way then I will make a blatant statement:
>Nobody on this earth (except a person in the final stages of
>starvation from any cause) will not benefit by fasting for two weeks
>at the most on water only.

it might be blatant, but it's not true.

>> Also realize that there are MANY people, the majority of people, in fact,
>> for whom a 100% raw diet, whether coming after a fast or not, is VERY
>> difficult, if not downright dangerous, because of the huge amount of fiber
>> to which they are unaccustomed.

The fibre is the least of their problems.  (Besides, its possible to eat
100% raw and still have no significant fibre).  There is little meaning in
saying "100% raw" : you have to give raw what, and what quantities.

>t it is certainly not dangerous..

like, what do _you_ know? I doubt that you know _one_ person on 100% raw for
say, 5 years or more, who is doing well.

>There is no person on this earth who will benefit more on a cooked
>rather than a raw diet.

oh poo !

>This even includes meat free of parasites
>and antibiotics etc..

Ah, now we can buy meat free of parasites !
(there is no such thing as meat totally free of "antibiotics, etc" : these
things have polluted the entire world (admittedly at a low level).

> Many "normal" cooked veggies such as beans, seeds and
>grains, potatoes etc. are toxic or extremely hard on the digestion if
>eaten raw. A true raw diet is not merely eating all those veggies
>that you used to buy in the supermarket raw...in fact far from
>it. Maybe this is where some of the confusion lies.

A bit of sense here at last:
Now how about listing the foods you consider to be healthy to eat raw,
specifically I mean, one by one?  And make a balanced diet out of them.
That would be more interesting.

regards in health,
Lynton