RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Date:
Tue, 2 Mar 1999 08:09:10 -0800
The tedium of the repetitive nature of this topic is getting to me.
I said:

>To date, no claim has proved
>genuine. My experience is that if you look at a "role model" long enough,
>you will find a cheater, a binge eater, a crank, a fake,  someone with
>a serious eating disorder (or other mental health problems), etc.

I would clarify the above in that examination of the fruitarian role models
finds that they are either 1) non-strict (not 100% raw, non-vegan, etc.),
2) on the diet short-term, or 3) fakes/cheaters etc. The point is
that STRICT, long-term success stories that are credible are very
rare indeed. On the other hand, if you are looking for fakes who
claim to vigorously exercise and sustain themselves on (only) 4-6 apples
a day, or cheats selling as theirs, a book written by someone else,
you will not have to look far on the list of fruitarian "experts".

Tom Billings