RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
"Paul W. Reynolds" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Oct 1998 19:42:09 -0500
For the past four months or so, I've eaten all my veggies raw except for
three occasions. Each time I've had a rather bad, unusual reaction - it
seems my body had 'adapted' to raw foods in some way and has even less
tolerance for cooked that I once had (and I'm talking on each occasion
plain steamed or plain soups - no exotic sauces or anything).

Three days ago I ate some steamed broccoli and, even while eating it,
started to feel nauseous. I had a small salad along with it but that was
not enough to neutralize the effect.

The latest thing was just tonight - instead of my usual salad I cooked the
veggies (along with some millet) in a soup. The result - a very unusual
tingling sensation in my fingers, similar to what I had all the time a
couple of years ago when I suffered from Candidiasis (and ate cooked foods
almost all the time). I'm sure it was not the millet since I've had that
(cooked) on a couple of occasions, but as part of a salad, not soup.

I don't seem to have an obvious problem with lightly cooked meat, although
all raw all the time for meat as well as veggies might be best for health
(if fresh) if I had no social or psychological barrier to eating it - I
feel like I need to sneak the meat up to my room so nobody will see! Oh My!

- Paul ([log in to unmask])