RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Fri, 11 Jul 1997 16:18:02 +0000
From:
Stefan Joest <[log in to unmask]>
Hi Jean-Louis,

Stefan:
>>What you would like, sounds like a communist's approach. Everyone,
>>be he rich or not, must be able to afford x (whatever x is).

Jean-Louis:
>No. For me, x includes the minimum (i.e., the possibility to eat raw
>food).

That's a funny statement, that in our today's world really raw food
is the "minimum". He he! It's a bit expensive, this minimum, isn't it?
But if 5 billion of people have decided to eat cooked food, the mino-
rity has some problems. We already discussed that.

Person B in your dialogue could be me. But in lots of other cases,
person B will answer: "I eat apples, pears, carrots, cherries and
other fruits of my country when in season and cheap". So you were
comparing extremes. (You obviously took the list from my list of birth-
day foods - it gave me a good chuckle :-))

Jean-Louis:
>I was talking about public garbage, and you talk about being a
>cashier... Yes, I think I could be a cashier. But would you manipulate
>heavy garbage bins, in the rain, in cold weather, at 6 a.m.? Not very
>good for your health... and not enough to afford Orkos food.

Both jobs aren't very different for me. One can be heavy work inside
a closed building, the other outside. On the other hand: you would get
a lot of training with that garbage-bin job. Bet you would become
very athletic in some months (or give up). Sounds like a very paleo-
lithic job. Not my preference but for others who like to work out?

Jean-Louis:
>When you have to deal with "financial stops", you are not exactly free
>(IMO).

That's why I chose the example with the Ferrari. This would give me the
fincancial stop.
My point is, that you are   f r e e   to improve your financial situa-
tion. That's the item to attack here.

Instinctive free wishes,

Stefan