Date:
Thu, 25 Feb 1999 19:44:56 -0500
Susan Carmack wrote:
> Sorry, Andrew Weil does not impress me :)
Adding my 2 little cents to this - he doesn't impress me either.
I know a person (closely) with chronic fatigue/fibromyalgia and
because of this know (or at least used to know) a decent bit
about these conditions. Part of the reason of my interest in low
carbing, and now paleo dieting, stemmed from the fact that these
diets seemed to help these as well as other related conditions
(hypothyroidism, etc.). At one point I looked up what he had to
say about them, and his responce was along the lines of "it's all
in your head" and "there is no evidence that this is a decease".
HE doesn't have any evidence because HE didn't look into it.
Doesn't stop him from making pronouncements on the subject he
doesn't know much about.

Ilya