From:
JoAnn Betten <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Feb 1999 18:33:35 -0500
>Yes, I *love* tea.  Last summer though, when I went to the doctor and she
>told me I was anemic....she told me that tea was worse for anemic people.
>I don't know who has it right and who doesn't.  I will certainly try to
>give up the coffee though. :)

sometimes the tannins in tea can inhibit iron absorption, and that's why the
doctor said those who are anemic shouldn't have tea.  but on NeanderThin,
you should be eating enough red meat that iron defiency should not be a problem.

try English Breakfast tea.  when i was coming off coffee, i'd put two of
those bags in a cup, and make it BLACK.  then once i got over the coffee
urge, i cut back to one tea bag, and am now totally decaf.

JoAnn.