From:
Gregg Carter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 Sep 1998 21:09:41 -0400
> Date:    Sat, 26 Sep 1998 10:10:52 -0700
> From:    Richard Geller <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: calcium source
>
> Mary and Gregg,
>
> I too take calcium and magnesium supplements. I use appatite (sp?) which
> is a highly processed bone meal supposedly free of heavy metals, and a
> magnesium citrate supplement.

Thanks for the tip Richard.  Weston Price's analysis of traditional
cultures found that all of them had very high in-takes of vits./minerals--
far beyond current RDA standards.  Regarding calcium, some cultures used
milk (the Swiss in isolated valleys; the Masai), while the others consumed
bones/bone marrow. Following a caveman diet really hurts for calcium
in-take unless one is willing to mess around with bones, which at present
I don't have the time or inclination to do. So I will continue to take
bone meal and cal/mag (1:1) supplements, along with eating canned
sardines/salmon and a variety of greens each week.

Todd, I tried some purslane this week.  Wow!!! It was excellent.  I can't
believe that I've been pulling this out of my yard and garden for years
and just chucking it.

Cheers!

Gregg C.