BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Thomas Gale <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 21 Oct 1998 23:21:09 -0400
Peter Belden Trieb by way of Dan Becker wrote:

> I'm searching for another material for glazing traditional wood window sash,
> other than Dap 33 and linseed oil based putty.

To which Ken Follett replied:

> Sonneborn NP1 urethane sealant.
> ][<en

Hello everyone from a B-P New-B.  I hope this qualifies for the required
once in a leaftime response and that I will be allowed to hang around
for a while and tree how things grow.

Two questions:

1. I was told that Dap 33 was designed for metal and synthetic window
sash and that linseed putty was best for wood sash.  Peter's message
implies there is something wrong with linseed putty.  If so, what
is(are) the problem(s)?

2. I would like to know more about Sonneborn NP1 urethane sealant.  How
is it packaged and how is it applied?  Is it hard to handle (quick
drying, hard to cleanup, etc.)  Where can I find it?  Can I assume it
can be painted?  If so, how soon after application?