BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Michael Davidson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - Dwell time 5 minutes.
Date:
Fri, 16 Oct 1998 06:34:16 EDT
Hooray for Sparkie..Johns dog beating out the cops
.I got stoped by a cop today...I was hauling  2 tons of Arkansas ledge stone
in my trailer and pick up on a federal Park road that says clearly..."
Recreational  Hauling Only"..
..after checking my licence...he sez..You know you cannot haul on this
road...I knew I was nabbed ...this is a big fine..
.In helplesness; and grimness I  reverted to my gallows  humor out of
desperation. to accomlish nothing but perhaps to entertain myself in a losing
situation..
.. .."but I thought  recreational hauling was allowed ? "It is " he replied as
he prepared his ticket book..
."Well then" using my best Lou Costello face " These are my pet rocks and Im
taking them home " his hardened eyes met mine over the tops of his reading
glasses;

 the strain was unbearable; but he cracked a smile first; ...out of sheer
agony..and suprized relief so did   I

, then he burst out laughing  as one of the stones had a smiley face on it in
chalk done proably by one of the quarry men;
we were both laughng now; and he told me I made his day; and that with a good
lawyer I would proably win....graciously he allowed me to exit  at the next
cross road 20 miles along( my turn anyway)...Hey  you never know..MD