BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
John Callan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - Dwell time 5 minutes.
Date:
Thu, 15 Oct 1998 19:41:13 EDT
I've verbalized my resentment when, for good or ill, people equate
preservation with the hugging of anything...except maybe truly exceptional
maintenance guys...The work is often hard, dangerous and dirty...that's what I
tell people...I think mostly to scare away those who think that its easy,
safe, and clean.  If that doesn't work I launch into my discriptions of the
varying tastes of bat quaonno...if they stick around then, the are my kinda
preservationeeeers!

This is serious work, with limited resources.  We will loose more buildings
than we will save.  Let's save the right ones, do it well and earn the respect
of the communities surrounding those buildings.