BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Met History <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - Dwell time 5 minutes.
Date:
Tue, 6 Oct 1998 22:40:02 EDT
In a message dated 98-10-06 18:56:28 EDT, somebody keyed in:
<< Aren't the stickers to which Ward referred always black on white
background? >>

Do not colored stickers unduly favor the color-sighted?  Indeed, stickers
themselves favor not only the sighted, but also those who have the privilege
of literacy.  Could we not have holistic ramps to our braille, self-announcing
bumper stickers, which are odor-keyed?

Come to think of it, what about cars that, through no fault of their own, have
no bumpers at all?  And the whole fossil fuel thing ... the serious and
reflective content of this deep and meaningful listserv  have given me a new
perspective, that any bumper sticker - no matter how sensitively designed - is
just a kind of consumption-mania - have your sticker and eat it, too, as Marie
Antoinette said.

I think we have to go to a higher level - water buffalo stickers.

Excuse me while I cross-post this to the Swarthmore listserv.

Signed,  Bazooka Think-Tank