BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Rudy Christian <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - His DNA is this long.
Date:
Sat, 27 Jun 1998 11:24:07 EDT
Bruce writes:

<< There is nothing wrong with using recycled plastic 2X4s, especially
 considering the quality of most of the wooden ones currently on the market.

I probably should rethink my position on this. We actually had found a good
use for modern (treewood) 2x4's & 6"s. They are very handy for temporarily
bracing timber frames when you are removing pegs or before putting pegs in at
raising. You can imagine my trepidation the first time I realized I was
bracing up a 3500# bent with finger jointed 2x's!!!! Maybe plastic 2x's would
be safer?

Is this (fingure jointed 2x's) another example of something the carpenters of
yesterday would have used if it had been available? If so, why?

Rudy