RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Thu, 18 Feb 1999 01:55:57 +0100
Hi Susan,

Nice to hear from you. Where are you at if you don't mind me
asking (I'm in Bad Kreuznach, Germany).

Susan Carmack wrote:
> Hi Alan,
> >
> >I have not suffered any symptoms of lactose intolerance or casein problems
> >that are obvious.
> >In other words you are one of those people who still suffer inside
> Well, I noticed the gluten when I ate it...

If you squeeze your bread and it turns into a doughball then you
have a gluten problem. ;-)

> >I'm 51, have been eating vegetarian for the past 10 years or so and
> >raw vegetarian for about the past three years.

> I went that route too, however adding raw meat has really helped me boost
> my energy level  and I thought I had a lot as a raw vegetarian.

The primary source of human energy comes from carbohydrates Susan.
Perhaps you ignored them in your original veggy diet. Why you
feel you should need saturated fats as a (poor and only secondary)
source of energy is beyond me. I just hope you are at least getting
it from a source which does not use antibiotics, growth hormones
(which is why, for example, US meat is banned in Europe) etc..

> I heal faster too!

I cut myself all the time making didgeridoos. I also have no
problem with healing.

>  The past year and
> >a half I have been getting around 4 colds each year

> One year for me--- I win! Just kidding. But my last cold was last year at
> this time.
>
> never lasting more than 24 hours).
> me too!

Exposure to the more negative elements (wind, snow and frost) are
more important here IMHO.

> Lots of love, fresh air, exercise and sunshine!

And the same to you Susan!

Best regards,

Alan