RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Nieft / Secola <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 31 Oct 1998 07:10:03 -1000
Wes:
>In the introduction to the 2nd Edition of "Food Enzymes For Health &
>Longevity", Viktoras Kulvinskas notes that "'Leukocytosis' is the name

<snip>

>In "Conscious Eating", p. 368, Gabriel Cousens, M.D. mentions that "As
>described earlier, research by Paul Kouchakoff, M.D., in 1930 showed
>that every time we eat cooked foods, we get an increase of white blood
>cells in our blood stream. DR. HOWARD LOOMIS HAS REGULARLY REPEATED SOME
>OF DR. KOUCHAKOFF'S RESULTS IN HIS CLINICAL WORK WITH HUNDREDS OF
>PATIENTS". (emphasis mine)
>
>I believe Howell cites some material on leukocytosis in "Food Enzymes
>for Health & Longevity". But I'd have to flip through it in order to
>find the specifics.

Gosh, Wes, if this kinda stuff counts as proof or references to you, you
are a prime candidate for the classic Florida swamp land. Somewhere,
someone, "mentions" or "notes" just about anything that can be thought up.

Whether or not someone's white count goes up after cooked food is an
interesting notion that would be fun to research. But the meaning of such a
hypothetical is not clear. I read a snip in the paper years ago about an
immune response to raw grated carrots, but no response to whole raw
carrots. The reearchers concluded that grated veggies were healthier than
whole veggies. Perhaps exercise is better than no exercise, and pregnancy
is better than no pregnancy?

You seem to be preaching to the choir a bit. Most folks on this list
appreciate the value of raw foods. But in spite of that you alienate many
with your generalizations from your experience to all humanity. So you like
raw starch. Great. Why is it necessary to get the rest of the world to eat
your way and/or agree with you? It's almost like you can't even listen. JL
shares with you what works for him dietwise and you can even hear it--you
proceed to tell him how he should eat to agree with how you have it all
figured.

Cheers,
Kirt

Secola  /\  Nieft