RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Roy Holman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Oct 1998 10:32:23 EST
For staying warm in the winter, here's some of the things I do: (I already
feel my body shifting its needs and desires)

I cut back on the fruit a lot, and raw veggies a bit, and add a bit more raw
nuts and seeds, some raw or cooked grains (sprouted wheat, raw wheat germ,
oats, manna bread, dehydrated crackers, brown rice - I soak this for half a
day then toss the water and let it come to life a bit, then cook it about half
the normal time), some tubers), some raw goats milk, raw eggs, raw fish (I
somtimes throw this in the steamer for a minute after turning the water off -
feels more satisfying to me), sea veggies, tempeh, miso.

I also love a bit of ginger or cayenne or cinnamon or other warming spices,
wither with my food or with a nice tea (chamomile, ginger, etc.), also with
raw unheated honey.  I feel so  much warmer this year than last.

Good luck,

Roy