RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
EVW Rotunno <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Oct 1998 05:47:29 -0700
Jean-Louis Tu wrote:

> I'll believe that eating raw can help cure cancer only when I see a
> rigorous proof. The problem with such claims is that there are too
> many factors involved. Almost every health guru/practitioner will
> claim that his diet is effective against cancer. If that statement is
> true, it could be due to only one or two of its features, and so
> adopting the whole system might not be necessary.

 You are right, of course, but in the meantime what can we do but try to
take advantage of what looks like healthier ways of eating.

 Researchers don't understand very well the mechanisms by
> which some fats promote cancer (although a few have been
> proposed). If "rawness" of the fat was important, then at some point
> raw fat should be digested/metabolized differently (is that
> plausible??).

This is why I hope Aajonus will contact David Horrobin, and seek to get
some scientific evidence for his claims. Dr. Horrobin already has sound
evidence that fats have been given a bad rap and has a reasearch center
devoted to a nutritional approach to many diseases.

My best, Ellie