Date:
Tue, 22 Dec 1998 19:05:48 EST
  I just wanted to thank everyone for the help with my display problem after
upgrading from Windows 95 to Windows 98.  I just changed the display settings
and now it's fine.
  I still have the problem with the modem though.  To review, I have 3 online
services I use...Juno, NetZero and America Online.  After I upgraded to
Windows 98, I can no longer use Juno or NetZero.  Whenever I go to sign on, I
hear the modem dialing and then hear the modems communicating but then the
modem seems to lock up or something as the sign on process just stops.  If I
then close the prgram because it's no longer responding and go to sign on
again, I get an error response that the port is already open.  I end up having
to do an alt-ctrl-del to reboot  to release the modem port again.  It's really
strange because America Online still works fine.  I have tried to uninstall
and reinstall both Juno and NetZero software but I still get the same problem.
Anyone have any ideas how to fix it?  I've sent messages to both Juno and
NetZero support but they have no clue.  Thanks again.
  herb channell

                         PCBUILD's List Owner's:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
                        Drew Dunn<[log in to unmask]>