From:
Lady Ariel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Feb 1999 09:50:20 -0800
Actually, a paleolithic diet is not *exactly* low carb is it?  The
things
I've found on the net indicate that it's fine to eat fruits and
vegetables...
except of course starchy things like potatoes and corn....I'm sure there
are
more that one shouldn't eat.

Is there anything that indicates one should eat based on the
geographical location
of their ancestors...or does the paleolithic theory go back so much
further than
ancestors that it doens't matter?  For instance, my mom tells me about
our relatives
in northern Sweden who were pretty much eskimos...and living in the
frozen tundra
most of the time.  One of my favorite things is an orange, but it seems
those
ancestors in the frozen tundra had probably never seen an orange.

Anyhow, unless oranges start giving me problems for some reason I doubt
i'll give
them up.  Also, I've had this weird mind-set of late.  The whole, "I'm
not paying
$1.99/pound for grapes"...yet I strut towards the other side of the
grocery store
and throw a bag of baked-lays in the cart which run $3.99 or something
for less than
a pound. I guess that really proves I need help. :)

I had another big carbaholic episode yesterday.  I've found a pattern.
It's the 3:00
in the afternoon thing...that's when I'm always ravishingly hungry and
maybe my body
just hasn't decided to quit with the hungry signal or something.  Does
anyone have
tips for getting over that?  Eating a hard-boiled egg or something?
Will that help?

I guess I should wait for my book before getting too
philisophical...hopefully it will
address some of those things. :)