From:
Elsie Steinwachs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Oct 1998 21:54:43 -0700
the Adventist Health Study
>>was in the formative phases,
>
>>The diet is, generally, highly
>>skewed towards grains and legumes,
>
>I doubt the people that designed and carried out the study tried to
>quantify the amount of grains consumed by the participants. Why would they?
>To them it's the staff of life. Besides, the quantity consumed would have
>been so great that it would be hard to quantify.

I have a very low tolerance for carbohydrates, even the complex ones in
beans and legumes.  They give me wildly varying blood sugar levels that
make me unfunctional and are dangerous.

My interest in the paleofood list was caused by my hope of seeing diets
that had adequate calories without exhorbitant amounts of either fatty
mammalian meats or carbohydrates.  What I find here is people arguing over
the number of Cro-Magnons on the head of a pin (to twist a metaphor).

Does anyone here have information about a general gathering/hunting type of
diet that includes fish, small prey, greens, root vegetables and nuts?
This esoteric stuff is fine intellectually, but isn't doing my body any good.

Thank you ...  Patty Clark writing from [log in to unmask]