From:
Amadeus Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Oct 1998 12:10:10 -0400
On Fri, 16 Oct 1998 09:36:42 -0400, Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>> Monounsaturated fats can help problems that come from the
>> wrong polyunsaturated and of a too much of saturated fats.
>
>Could you be more specific about this?
I'm referring to the following quote from the Omega PLan Website:

A plant-based form of omega-3 fatty acids (alpha-linolenic or ALA) is found in walnuts, Brazil nuts,
flaxseeds, flaxseed oil, canola oil, and dark green leafy vegetables.
(Olive oil, although not high in omega-3 fatty acids
itself, increases the omega-3 fatty acid content of your cells.)

>> Studies show, that the relation of w-3 to w-6 fats should not go
>> too far to the w-6 fat side. Otherwise cancer and other risks emerge.
>
>A ratio of w-6 to 2-3 of 2 or less is considered ideal.

Maybe ratio values higher than the historical possible were
more ideal for health (like for vitamin-c, vitamin-b1 and others too).

Then we could decide to increase it by historical unpaleo but
propably healthy alternatives like
sardines or flex seed oil , i think.

cheers

Amadeus