Date:
Tue, 13 Oct 1998 06:38:35 -0700
Dear Mark,

Your diet sounds interesting, keep us posted.

Have you ever had your candida levels checked? There is a urine test
available from Dr Shaw that tests for many different metabolites in the
urine, and will give you your yeast/bacteria levels.

Some of your symptoms sound like candida overgrowth, to me.

Many of us have candida overgrowth due to antibiotics.

Paleo man did not take antibiotics.

Even a super clean diet, will not get rid of candida.

The yeast can adapt and I have found, sadly, that they  can thrive on
proteins and fats.

"Bad" bacterial overgrowth  like Clostridia, I think,  can be addressed by
the paleo diet. A fish fast or meat/fat diet will starve them out. Ray has
an article that proves this.

But candida is a modern scourge traced in many cases to antibiotics
destroying the balance in our intestines......

You can reach Dr Shaw at [log in to unmask] for a test kit, you will get a
complete printout of your urine metabolites and a narrative report. My
insurance paid 80% of it..

I have no financial connection to Dr Shaw.

Mary