From:
"Mary E. Copeland" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Oct 1998 16:49:24 -0400

This message is intended for the individual or entity named above.   If
you are not the intended recipient, please do not read, copy, use or
disclose this communication to others; also please notify the sender by
replying to this message, and then delete it from your system.  Thank you.

>Please don't miss my point, which is simple.  If an individual wants to
>lose weight, they a) need to consume the best diet they can
>nutritionally, and b)reduce caloric intake until they stabilize at their
>desired weight.   I just don't understand the overweight people who can't
>accept this.

Here's the problem, James.  We who need to lose weight have been misled by
both the advertizing industry and the government food pyramid.  We are told
that to lose weight we must eat lots of carbs and forego protein and fats.
We are bombarded with low-fat so-called "heathy choices."  Diet cookies?
Give me a break.  They're loaded with sugar to compensate for the low-fat.
Even our doctors feed us this nonsense.  Since the promotion of low-fat
high carbohydiets we've all gotten fatter (and unhealthier).  I am a
carbohydrate addict.  When I eat a diet like the experts tell me I should
to lose weight, I am miserable with allergies, stomach aches, low energy,
skin problems, headaches.  I am hungry all the time.  Not just a little
hungry, like you propose, but a raging hunger with headache and crankiness.
Yes, I've lost weight that way, but it was pure hell.

My dear, I know you mean well, but you have no idea what it's like.