Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 8 Oct 1998 07:36:06 -0400
On Thu, 8 Oct 1998, Hans Kylberg wrote:

> At 16:52 1998-10-07 -0400, Gregg wrote:
> >For people who find Neandethin too strict to maintain (for social,
> >psychological, or physiological reasons), I would recommend the Hellers'
> >approach, which recommends 2 or 3 caveman meals plus a "reward" meal each
> >day.
>
> If the foreign protein theory is true, wich I think, this will not work
> at all. I am _totally_ avoiding those foods wich i suspect for content of
> foreign protein. Not even the smallest grain. And I do not have any acute
> problems, just "planning for the future".

But the point is that the Hellers' diet *does* work for many
people.  We need not speculate whether it will work if we can
establish that it does.  An interesting possibility is to combine
the Hellers' approach with Neanderthin, to incorporate the
foreign protein concept.  Thus, one could have two meals of meat
and fat only, but allow a liberal amount of fruit and nuts in the
reward meal.  This might keep the cravings at bay while allowing
continued weight loss.

Todd Moody