Date:
Sat, 15 Aug 1998 07:49:09 -0700
Does anyone know what percent of American youth have yeast overgrowth?

The kids at my children's school eat a very high carb high processed food
diet (as did mine before I became aware of paleo/etc) Many kids these days
don't even have a sandwich in their school lunch---it is ALL processed snack
food!!

How can people be so ignorant? These kids have so many disabilities almost
all of which could be traced to dysbiosis of the intestines. When I try to
tell the parents (who BTW have PHD s in computers/ or are pharmacists or
etc) they think I am crazy and then they give their kids MORE sugar.

What gives?

They also spend thousands on "therapy" for their child's lisp, headbanging
in the night, etc. The lisp goes away but comes right back then more therapy.

As recently as one generation ago, my alternative doc said people were
eating an almost paleo diet. He said he grew up on eggs and bacon, with a
sugar treat only at Christmas.

Will people ever go back to paleo? I guess Atkins is a step in that direction.

I find paleo  not that hard to do with myself UNLESS I am in a social
gathering and watch everybody else munch down on their nachos, sweets, etc.

Mary