Date:
Sun, 2 Aug 1998 16:45:40 -0700
Don't know about nuts. Have heard chocolate not good <downright
dangerous> for dogs.

   We had a young german shepherd  who got into/ate the foil wrapped
chocolate christmas balls...the whole bowl. We didn't know at first
where they had gone to and blamed the kids.   After awhile we saw that
the doggie's doodoo was a beautiful thing to behold, a work of art,
spendidly glittering, flashing red, gold, green etc. Stunning!

       But then besides pride, was the worry. Called the vet..who said
too late anyway and just watch.  Doggie was fine and was enormously
happy with our interest and amazement. Doggie lived to 13 yrs and if not
for the increasing hip problem and rear paralysis would have lasted much
longer.  I still grieve for her.

yoyo