NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Tue, 7 Nov 2000 13:01:46 -0600
Megan wrote: << The conclusion generally has been "you're not anaphylactic,
but milk makes
you sick.  Don't have milk".

Seems to make sense to me.>>

Makes sense to me too.

<<Getting "A Diagnosis" seems to be a bit of an obsession sometimes, for
some
people.  Really it does very little.  It doesn't make it better and usually
by the time you have one,   You may never get a reliable diagnosis anyway>>

well it makes it easier to treat, and it will give peace of mind knowing
exactly what it is you are dealing with, at least that is the way I feel in
my daughters case.

<<(the doctor is right, allergy testing isn't terribly reliable, though LI
testing is, it only usually confirms what you have figured out).>>

I never disagreed with the doctor on this point.

<<Suffice to
say your daughter has one or the other, but her symptoms, though unpleasant
certainly (BTDT) don't sound as if they are life-threatening.>>

They aren't life threatening and forgive me if I ever gave you or anyone on
this list that impression.   I certainly did not intend for these questions
to come across that way.

<<Diagnosis will neither make her better or make it more real.  It won't
even
help the treatment (either way, the answer is no milk in her diet).>>

I don't really know how to word this but I disagree with you,  I think it
will help her treatment in the future, obviously not now because she is so
young, and we are not testing her.

<<My advice is don't fret>>

Thanks  I'm not fretting just asking about these questions that have been on
my mind for the past 5 months.

Marianna
SAHM to Adam 6
Matthew 4