NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sally Flanagan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Dec 1999 08:10:58 EST
Just a word of warning on all the soy cheeses out there.  We had a horrible
reaction to a Rella Cheese that was 'accidentally mislabled', many of you
remember.  They inadvertantly omitted the second ingredient, CASEIN!!!  Also,
my son was practically addicted to Soymage's Soy Singles, but I was told by a
woman in my food allergy support group that they have a big cross
contamination problem.  Although in his year of aggressively devouring their
product, my son never had a problem, I have chosen not to purchase the
product anymore.  No one wants to find out the hard way!

My suggestion, call Rella first just to verify you have the right product,
and that it is labled correctly.  But for those of us dealing with
anaphylaxis, I would avoid them all together.

--Sally