NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
EngJrnTchr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Aug 1999 13:28:20 -0500
This weekend while camping my daughter had a minor
reaction to Campfire Marshmallows.  Benadryl
solved the problem.  I guess this will be the end
of marshmallows for us.  I only buy them when we
go camping anyway or to make rice crispy treats.
I tried the Kraft brand once and same thing
happened (listed natural flavors in ingredients).
No kosher supervision marking on the marshmallows
either size.  Marshmallow creme by Kraft is U
parve....or was last time I checked.

I thought Campfire brand might work since
ingredients were:  Corn syrup, sugar, modified
food starch, dextrose, water, gelatin, artificial
vanilla flavor, tetrasodium pyrophosphate and FD&C
Blue #1 (color).  There was no kosher supervision
markings of any kind.  I have not called them as
there was only an address on the package.

I have seen kosher parve marshmallows in a large
St. Louis grocery store.  They were imported from
Israel and were $3 a bag (small!).  Anyone have a
suggestion???

Deborah