NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Carrie L. Micko" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Feb 1999 10:24:53 -0600
>  You probably should
> be careful about the calcium source (no oyster shells, for instance) while
> pregnant.

You should be careful about the calcium source whether pregnant or not! Calciumis an
issue for the no-milk diet. You want to be sure it is absorbed. Look for
documentation that shows they've done the research to see if it is absorbed by the
bones! I read about a woman who had taken calcium supplements for years. She
had septic tank trouble, and when they were cleaning it out they found tons of
calcium
supplements that had passed through whole. In fact I had the same thing happen. I was
taking
an expensive calcium sold by my chiropractor. I saw one in the toilet undissolved! I
did a test
and soaked it for 4 days!!!before my mom babysat and accidently dumped it into the
hot soapy dishwater! When I let out the water, there they were in the bottom of the
sink,
still intact. Find yourself a Shaklee distributor and look up the documentation in
JAMA (Journal
of American Medical Association) which shows their calcium not only was absorbed,
stopping the loss of calcium from bone, but also INCREASED bone density, something
they'd thought was impossible. Dropped in a cup of water it dissolves completely
within
17 seconds. It is non-dairy.