NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Scott/Debbie Kempf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Sep 1998 11:09:13 -0400
My daughter, Colleen, age 5, gets hives and an itchy mouth and throat
from consuming dairy (she reacts to minute ingested amounts, but does
not react to milk rubbed on her skin).  She was breastfed for 14 months
without a supplemental bottle (except expressed breat milk).  I did not
follow a dairy-free diet while pregnant or nursing.  Colleen was weaned
to Next Step Soy Formula (she still drinks it).  She first reacted to
dairy at 12 months when given a small piece of cheese (she got hives all
over her body and was crying a lot).  Colleen reacts with anaphylaxis to
peanuts and almonds and has recently outgrown an egg allergy. She gets
Oral Allergy Syndrome with apples, peaches, nectarines and plums.  She
was born with a congenital defect known as malrotation with volvulus
(her intestines were tied in knots cutting off her blood supply--it was
corrected with emergency surgery soon after her birth.)
        I have an 8 year old daughter with no known allergies who was also
breastfed exclusively for 14 months.  During that pregnancy and
breastfeeding, I also did not follow a dairy free diet.
        Best wishes to you.