NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathy Wentz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Sep 1998 22:32:10 -0500
psam ordener wrote:

> We make our carrot cake with (thank
> you Duncan Hines!) milk-free "Cream Cheese frosting" and
> put candy corn and pumpkins on top, and the boys go wild!

Instead of the cream cheese frosting, we use Rich Whip parve whipping
'cream'.  It is much lighter, makes wonderful peaks (as in ghosts) and
stays well despite it's similarity to it's dairy cousin.  Beware if you
are allergic to corn as well though.  I can only take it in small
doses.  :-D

--
Kathy Wentz                   Childhood should be a journey-
[log in to unmask]                 not a race.  Homeschool