BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

BP - Telepathic chickenf leave no tracef. Turkey lurky goo-bye!
Date:
Fri, 22 May 1998 14:17:29 EDT
In a message dated 5/22/98 11:44:28 AM EST, [log in to unmask] writes:

Re: the Art Deco bus station:

>  Our hand is much stronger in this situation.  It's an Individual Historic
>  Property, it does have economic use, and there is plenty of room on the
>  site (the bus station lot and the adjoining one under one ownership) for
>  new construction.  The three-dimensional features of the bus station,
>  including the vertical sign and covered driveway, are character-defining,
>  visible from the street, and preclude a simple facade job.  Moreover,
>  there is tremendous community support for this building.

Picking your battles is always difficult. Maybe this experience at least will
help the HDC get control over infill design and raise awareness of what "spot
zoning" (or other incompatible zoning) can do to a neighborhood.

Mary Krugman