BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mary Krugman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - Dwell time 5 minutes.
Date:
Tue, 29 Jun 1999 18:51:22 EDT
Heidi-

There was an inquiry for a particular kind of brown sandstone on the
NJ_History list a while back. I have lost my email archives, but Bob Craig
may have saved the person's name. He was doing some extensive research on
Hummelstown (?) brownstone, but he may have some good background material on
the quarrying industry in general.

Then of course, there is Avery Library -- they have a whole collection of
quarrying industry magazines from the 19th c. entitled "Stone Guys" or "Rocks
On" ("Rocks Off"?) or some such (I think they even had a "Cuss + Spit"
feature every issue). Anyway, it might have some useful information for you.

Mary

PS Send me your address. It will have to be hard copy.