BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Trelstad, Derek" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - Dwell time 5 minutes.
Date:
Mon, 28 Jun 1999 13:45:17 -0400
Humungous. But are they vaults?

-----Original Message-----
From: Ralph Walter [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Monday, June 28, 1999 1:27 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Why are comm'l sidewalks igneous, resid'l sidewalks
bluestone?

As our former President and nominal Californian once said, There you go
again.  Perhaps if you could tear yourself away from the Fabulous East Side
long enough, you might note the truly titanic bluestone flags at the NYPL,
which unless you count the reservoir, is not exactly resiential.  I should
think that the granite flags for commercial bldg sidewalks/loading docks
downtown were selected for greater durability, if one considers bluestone
the
Dryvit of paving stone, and brownstone the Dryvit of building stone.

Did you send our esteemed colleague Mr. West a copy of his citation in the
NYT?  If you're going off to wopland for 2 weeks, does that mean the rest of
us don't need to bother reading the Sunday real estate section, or have you
left us the newpaper equivalent of TV dinners while you're away?

Ralph