BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
David west <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - Dwell time 5 minutes.
Date:
Fri, 16 Apr 1999 02:47:35 +0100
>>> Met History <[log in to unmask]> 16/04/99 11:44:51 >>> Christopher "I Wanted to be an Engineer like my Father until I Flunked" Gray WROTE:

"How do the pros do it without making a crater the size of a walnut?"

... list the ways ...

1) remove the tiles and replace with nice new reproduction tiles after the fixing has been installed

2) diamond core through the tile, then drill the mud and masonry with a standard masonry bit

3) make sure their drill bit is sharp and pointy

4) don't use impact until they're into the solid stuff

5) use a bit smaller in diameter than a walnut?

etc.

david (just because I work for a firm of engineers doesn't mean I am one) west