BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Leland Torrence <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - Dwell time 5 minutes.
Date:
Fri, 29 Jan 1999 17:10:21 -0500
Anne,
Kiem has been patching stone for some time. The corporate line is that their
product is a required specification for all historic government work in
Germany.  Frankly, I haven't checked the reg.'s.  Fritz, who works with me,
went to Germany to their training clinic last fall. We are headed back there
in April to practice with the maestros to develop a technique and pallet
that meets our approval. They visited us two weeks ago for onsite matching.
I will say this:  it takes alot of skill to make anything look like real
stone to the trained eye.  If you don't have the advantage of controlling
the lighting as with Disney and Vegas a perfect match becomes a painterly
art.  Each attempt at perfection is a challenge.  Our guys have used Jahn
and Edison as well.  Kiem is the new kid on the block in the US of A.
In our present "profile" project we have selected a pallet of eleven colors
to match one type of sand stone.  I'll keep all informed and appreciate the
input of others to date on this subject.
Where da eggs at?
Best,
Leland