BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mary Krugman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - Dwell time 5 minutes.
Date:
Thu, 28 Jan 1999 01:04:28 EST
In a message dated 1/28/99 12:21:52 AM Eastern Standard Time, [log in to unmask]
writes:

> UFO books in the bedroom,

That explains a lot, Ken!

Seriously, I think Jim Rhodes pretty much summarized my own system of "core
books." The most difficult thing is to manage the amount of technical
bulletins, conference notes, and publications. Not to mention the studies,
subject files with innumerable clippings, and other "important stuff." So far,
I have been able to keep my office fairly neat, but at home I have the
hundreds of volumes of background material and drawers of file folders -- much
more like Ken's description.

I keep hoping that someday I will be able to throw it all into a cyber-hopper,
where it will be automatically scanned and put onto a CD Rom, ready for
instant retrieval by keyword, author, subject, and title.

Keep hoping, Mary.  In the meantime, by more shelves and file cabinets and
beef up your discard procedures. Are preservationists by nature pack-rats? I
have such a hard time with this...

Mary Krugman